In this section we will read about
- Current to pressure Converter (I/P Converter)
- Control Valve positioner or Pneumatic positioner
- Parts of a pneumatic control valve positioner
- Control Valve and its types
- Solenoid Valve
- Pneumatic Cylinder
- Butterfly Valve
- Globe Valve or pneumatic globe valve
- Parts of a Control Valve
- Pneumatic globe valve types
- Control Valve Characteristics
- Class of a control valve
- Pressure Transmitter
- pressure transmitter working principle
- Pin type pressure Transmitter
- Pressure Transmitter connections
- pressure transmitter signal checking
- Flow transmitter
Pressure Transmitter connections
In this lesson, we will discuss the connections of a pressure transmitter. Till now we have discussed pressure transmitter and pin type transmitter.
pressure transmitter (PT) Connections
Now we will discuss the connections of a PT.
3 connection terminals are given in a PT.
Transmitter power supply is 24V DC. Since 2- wire connection method is used for the connection of a PT.
in 2- wire connection method same ports are used for supply and output signal of a pressure transmitter. So connections are made in series.
Since only 2 wires are used for both power supply and output signal . This method is known as 2- wire connection method.
Another method of connecting is 4- wire method. 4 wire method will be discussed later in other lessons.
In the above figure, a pressure transmitter connection method is shown.
As shown in the figure
+ ive of 24 V DC is Connected to + ive of PT and this 24 V DC supply is used to ON the transmitter.
If + ive of 24 V DC is not connected to + ive of the transmitter, the transmitter will not be ON.
So if Transmitter is ON that means 24 V DC Supply is in the PT.
– ive of PT is connected to the + ive of the process indicator or PLC.
– ive of process indicator is connected to – ive of 24 V DC power supply.
Above Connection Method is known as Series Connection Method
So far we have discussed Connections of a PT.
In the next lesson, we will discuss the wiring method used in industries, which means how the wiring is done from PLC/DCS to the pressure transmitter. This will help to find the faults during running or shut down plants.
If you like this post/ lesson share it at various social media platforms.
Follow us on