In this section we will read about
- Current to pressure Converter (I/P Converter)
- Control Valve positioner or Pneumatic positioner
- Parts of a pneumatic control valve positioner
- Control Valve and its types
- Solenoid Valve
- Pneumatic Cylinder
- Butterfly Valve
- Globe Valve or pneumatic globe valve
- Parts of a Control Valve
- Pneumatic globe valve types
- Control Valve Characteristics
- Class of a control valve
- Pressure Transmitter
- pressure transmitter working principle
- Pin type pressure Transmitter
- Pressure Transmitter connections
- pressure transmitter signal checking
- Flow transmitter
Globe Valve or pneumatic globe valve
In this lesson, we will study the globe valve or pneumatic globe valve .
- A globe valve is a type of valve used for regulating flow in a pipeline, consisting of a movable disk-type element and a stationary ring seat in a generally spherical body.
- The pneumatic globe valve is the most commonly used control valve in industries. Globe valves are available in different sizes. The Globe valve is used on water and steam lines both. Globe Valve is used where pressure is high.
- Control Valve has 2 parts.
Parts of actuator
The actuator is connected to the body through a coupler.
Parts of Body
Plug stem (Spindle).
Valve position indicator.
- Control valves are valves to control conditions such as flow, pressure, temperature, and liquid level by partially or fully opening or closing in response to signals received from controllers.
- The controller compares a “Set-point ” to a “Process variable”, the value of this process variable is provided by sensors that monitor changes in such conditions (flow, pressure, temperature, and liquid level ).
- The difference between Setpoint and the process variable is known as error.
- Controller minimizes this error in various parameters like- flow, pressure, temperature, level, etc by the use of control valves.
- In the next lesson, we will discuss the Work of different parts of a Control Valve.
“Sharing is caring”
Share this lesson with friends, this will help others a lot.
Follow us on